Since bad research by the likes of Mark Regnerus is being used to justify discrimination, I am going to put forward a list of research that I think we should use to guide public policy:
1) Gay men are happier than straight men: http://www.nouvelles.umontreal.ca/udem-news/news/20130129-study-demonstrates-health-benefits-of-coming-out-of-the-closet.html
2) Gay people manage their money better than straight people: http://money.cnn.com/2012/12/06/pf/gay-money/index.html
3) LGB people are more likely to attend college than straight people: http://money.cnn.com/2012/12/06/pf/gay-money/index.html
4) And once in college the gay men get better grades than the straight men: http://www.psmag.com/culture-society/gay-men-on-campus-smart-studious-involved-3662/
5) Gay men make better fathers: http://www.thefreelibrary.com/GAY+MEN+MAKE+BETTER+FATHERS%3B+Fury+at+claims+they+are+more+nurturing.-a060853782
6) Gay men are better at recognizing faces: http://www.torontosun.com/life/2010/06/22/14475171.html
I don’t claim that all of these studies are completely accurate, but I also don’t argue that straight people should have their human rights curtailed based on this kind of information.